This team could use some colorful improvement.
|—Cooking for the Grater Good|
Although they are a caring, friendly, supportive, and helpful contestant to many, Paintbrush can become very stubborn and obdurate if things don't go as they plan. Evidently, Paintbrush is an unsentimental pragmatist and follows life along a realistic and reasonable path. They will play the game safe and enter each challenge levelheaded, with the intent to win. Although they are outranked by Lightbulb's leadership, Paintbrush will take any beneficial initiative for their team, frequently coming up with plans for success.
However, Paintbrush shows little patience for nonsense and absurdity, commonly provided by Lightbulb or Fan. Paintbrush has exhibited an exceptionally short temper for any immoral behavior they do not agree with. If angered enough, Paintbrush's bristles will ignite into flames of fury, literally becoming a "hothead". Paintbrush adopts a violent and destructive nature, going as far as to physically harm teammates for not cooperating. Though acting cruelly against others, Paintbrush will usually apologize and show remorse for acting out of line.
Paintbrush is the only contestant whose gender is still a question. Many fans rage that Paintbrush is male or female, however, some say Paintbrush has no gender at all. Many who protest they are male refer to when Paintbrush responded "Yeah!" once Nickel asked if they were a guy. However, it was confirmed that they were responding in happiness that they were picked for Team Epic. Many also use the example when Knife mentioned that they could come in handy." However, this has been counteracted in Breaking The Ice, whereas Knife suddenly refers to Paintbrush as a girl, which they also reply with a "Yeah!," but then quickly implying that there were happy to be on The Bright Lights. Few think Paintbrush is female due to their high-pitched voice, and questionable feminine behavior, while others could say that their hurtful situation in War De Guacamole can hint masculinity. In Aquatic Conflict, Marshmallow and Apple began to question Paintbrush's gender, Marshmallow thinking male, Apple thinking female. Paintbrush began to answer until they were dropped into Idiotic Island, thus making their gender still a mystery. In Let 'Er R.I.P., Fan said that "...and Paintbrush wants the best for the team, but he's acting like a big jerk.", allowing Test Tube to remark she thought Paintbrush was a girl.
Lightbulb will commonly refer to Paintbrush by nicknames pertaining to both genders. For example, in A Kick in the Right Direction, Lightbulb refers to Paintbrush as "tall fella" and "brush gal", still providing no clear answer.
Paintbrush has a long rounded body with a square head. A silver metal rim surrounds the top of their head. Paintbrush has yellow bristles that form a pointed brush that emerges from the metal rim. At the bottom of their body is a hole cut out in the center of Paintbrush's torso. In comparison to other contestants, Paintbrush is remarkably tall.
Official Site Bio
Paintbrush is a tall and quite amiable player. His favorite- oops... her favorite- wait... um... Paintbrush loves to help out whenever possible for his/her team! Being quite outspoken, but under the rank of Lightbulb, Paintbrush appears to be Lightbulb's right-hand man... or... woman... or... forget this.
|—Inanimate Insanity Site, 2013|
Season 1 Votes
|Episode||EP #||Votes||Total Votes||Percentage|
|"A Lemony Lesson"||2||0||7||0%|
|"The Arena Of Death"||3||0||6||0%|
|"Aquatic Conflict"||11||93 to 104||364||26% to 29%|
|Total Number of Season 1 Votes:||126 to 137|
Season 2 Votes
|Episode||EP #||Votes||Total Votes||Percentage|
|"Marsh on Mars"||2||88||2498||3.52%|
|"Tri Your Best"||3||172||3021||5.69%|
|"Let 'Er R.I.P."||6||946||4211||22.46%|
|Total Number of Season 2 Votes:||1997|
|Total Number of Votes Combined:||2123 to 2134|
- Taylor Grodin (US/UK/AU/CAN)
- Jojo93able (Italy)
- Running Gag: Paintbrush has asked questions that have been interrupted and un-answered in Episodes 1, 2, 10 of Season 1, and Episode 2 of Season 2.
- Paintbrush has survived being the bottom two in Season 2 more times than any other character, at two times.
- Paintbrush is the only Bright Lights member who has never sat out of a challenge.
- They were the only one of the two contestants to ever get less than 100 votes in the Bright Lights team, the other is Marshmallow.
- Paintbrush is the only character with an unknown gender.
- Though Paintbrush's gender is still a mystery, Marshmallow apparently thinks Paintbrush is a boy, when Apple thinks Paintbrush is a girl.
- Paintbrush is mostly referred as a female to Lightbulb.
- Test Tube thought Paintbrush was a girl before Fan mentions that they were a boy.
- Nickel thinks that Paintbrush is a male.
- MePad has called Paintbrush by both genders.
- Paintbrush is the tallest contestant on Inanimate Insanity.
- Additionally, they are also the thinnest character.
- If Paintbrush is a girl, the gender ratio between contestants would be equal.
- If Paintbrush is a boy, they would be the highest-ranking male returnee from Season 1, and they would also be the only male returnee to join The Bright Lights.
- As stated by Adam in a vlog, Paintbrush's original voice actor disappeared, resulting in Taylor taking the role.
- It has been confirmed by Adam that the mystery behind Paintbrush's gender will be explored in a later episode of Season 2, and that their true gender will eventually be revealed.
- They were the first contestant and is currently the last Bright Lights' contestant declared safe in Season 2.
- Since "A Kick in the Right Direction," Lightbulb has started calling Paintbrush "Painty."
|The Bright Lights|
| Inanimate Insanity Characters