|This article is about the character on Inanimate Insanity. You may be looking for his counterpart from BFDIA.|
So for sarcasm, you gotta use this tone.
|—A Kick in the Right Direction|
Renown for his exceptional taste in sarcasm, Nickel is a critical character who is also snarky, churlish, ill-tempered, and cantankerous. Nickel's most identifying trope is his trademark sarcasm, which he uses to convert mean thoughts in his head in order not to come off as rude and disrespectful to others. Though this strategy may not always work, Nickel still considers sarcasm as an art, and himself an artist.
As an armless character, Nickel is unable to accomplish feats as easily as others but is usually determined to try his hardest. At the same time, Nickel expresses a large disinterest in competing in many of MePhone4's challenges and is commonly seen with a grumpy expression when competing.
Although Baseball is the leader of The Grand Slams, Nickel occasionally takes over the initiative and gives out orders to others. However, Nickel's sarcasm and wit make him appear shrewd. As a result, he does not typically work well with others, and may instead make rude and opprobrious comments or insults about them, causing drifts in his relationships.
Nickel is close with his armless alliance, consisting of Baseball and Suitcase, and can be seen working together as a trio in most challenges. Nickel is considerably untrusting, however, as he repeatedly attempts to disassociate his alliance with competitors like Cheesy, and most notably, Balloon, who continues to try to redeem himself. However, Nickel's abrasive and argumentative attitude against Balloon contrasts deeply with Suitcase's open-heart. Although he appears to be extremely ruthless and doesn't value friendship, Nickel cares about his alliance, as highlighted by Baseball, but has a difficult way of showing it. In "Kick the Bucket", Nickel claims that Balloon was tearing the alliance apart, and wanted to conserve their bond. Much to Nickel's surprise, Suitcase notes that the two rarely even talk to one-another, leading to many inner conflicts in the alliance. Despite being quite intolerant, unforgiving, and antipathetic to an extent, Nickel forms a great bond with Baseball, whom he is loyal to.
Nickel is a round coin-shaped character with two sides - heads and tails. His body, including his rims, is shiny silver. His face appears on the heads side, and his legs are at the bottom.
Official Site Bio
Nickel is known for having a sarcastic attitude. He appears to be a bit of a narcissist, as he feels confident in completing many challenges himself. Though being armless, he is still able to do many activities such as tree-climbing, jumping and golf-ball stacking.
|—Inanimate Insanity Site, 2013|
Due to many voters misspelling Nickel's name as "Nickle", the votes were not counted for "The Stacker", causing Lightbulb to be eliminated. After many fans raged on Lightbulb's elimination, resulted in the votes for "Nickel" being re-counted, eliminating Nickel, and bringing back Lightbulb, this also started the character Nick-Le, whose only quote is, "I'm highly offended!!"
- Adam Katz (US/UK/AU/CAN)
- eRVy4728 (Italy)
|5||116 votes (Eliminated)|
|10||56 votes (to rejoin)|
|Season 2 Episode||Votes|
|11||1 vote (Eliminated)|
- Nickel is the only object ever to compete on a total of three seasons on two shows.
- As of IDFB 1, he has became the only object to be in a total of four seasons across two shows.
- As Nickel's 1st appearance on BFB 1, he became only object to be in five seasons across two shows
- He almost joined during BFDI Season 1, in Episode 18, however, came third in the voting, with 43 votes, beaten only by Bomby (73), and David (102).
- If he had joined BFDI, he would have by now have been in six seasons across two shows.
- Nickel is known to be the first for many things.
- He is the first Inanimate Insanity character ever made.
- He is the first contestant to receive a cookie.
- He is the first one to join on his team.
- Nickel is the only contestant to be eliminated an episode after they should've been in Inanimate Insanity, due to miscounted votes.
- The mistake was corrected the following episode, as the Nickle votes were counted and he was eliminated, while Lightbulb rejoined.
- Apple's elimination in Inanimate Insanity II was also delayed, but she was eliminated in the right episode, and this was not due to miscounted votes.
- An infamous running gag with Nickel is that many viewers misspell his name as "Nickle", spawning the creation of the character Nickle.
- For one frame in "Cooking For The Grater Good", his name was misspelled as Nickle right when the names just showed up.
- Nickel has been eliminated with the least amount of votes with 1 vote, even less than Paper's first elimination.
- This is also even fewer votes than the number of votes it took to eliminate Tennis Ball in BFDI, with only two votes.. This puts Nickel as the holder of the least votes that resulted in elimination to ever occur within an object show, outside of disqualifications.
- Oddly enough, Nickel has also been safe from elimination with the highest amount of votes, with a ludicrous 1,731 votes from Theft and Battery.
- Nickel's personality in BFDIA and IDFB is noticeably different than his personality within Inanimate Insanity. While he's a manipulative jerk who abuses sarcasm in Inanimate Insanity, Nickel is a lot more kind (though he still does get angry on occasion) and more prone to weirdness in BFDIA/IDFB.
- He is the highest ranking armless contestant in season 1, and the lowest ranking armless contestant in season 2.
|The Grand Slams|
| Inanimate Insanity Characters