I'm not that loud!
|—Let 'Er R.I.P.|
Microphone, labeled The Loud and Proud, is a female minor one-time character on Inanimate Insanity and a contestant on Inanimate Insanity II. She is placed in Team Grand Slams. She is voiced by Hailey Chapman.
Microphone generally has a kind personality, but this is usually overshadowed by her extreme loudness and her constant shouting at times. Sometimes, she can control her volume using a button, but it has also been shown to be triggered by accident. In addition, she is very outspoken and vocal about her wants and desires, as shown in A Kick In The Right Direction, and appears to be easily irritated and apoplectic (e.g. at Cheesy's jokes and at Dough). She makes a deal with Taco and is now questionable and suspicious, mainly only by Knife who seems to be the only one who realizes how she acts weirdly and keeps on running off to the Perilous Forest.
In her team, the Grand Slams, she doesn't have a very big voice since Nickel and Baseball thinks that she messes up everything. For example, Baseball doesn't want Microphone to be on the field during "A Kick In The Right Direction" and in episode 10, Mazed and Confused, Baseball and Nickel blame her for the tie. In "Tri Your Best", Nickel tells Microphone that people have found out her strategy and that it was never working in the first place, showing conflict.
Official Site Bio
Microphone is a very outgoing and friendly contestant who just wants to have a good time. Unfortunately, she seems to not be able to keep her volume under control, causing her to be rather loud around other people. This can irritate people very easily and helps and hurts her in many situations.
|—Inanimate Insanity Site, 2013|
Microphone is determined to make her full potential audible to others. If she ever encounters a problem, Mic is sure to address the situation head-on and speak (or shout) her mind. As a result, she is easily misunderstood and usually has problems hiding her secrets... which she recently has plenty of. Although Microphone began this competition loud and proud, she has lost sight of her initial strengths and has resorted to alternative means of winning.
|—Inanimate Insanity Site, 2018|
- Hailey Chapman (US/UK/AU/CAN)
- Giulia (Italy)
- Despite her famous yelling ability, microphones don't make any sound at all, they just input sound.
- Microphone is the only Inanimate Insanity II Contestant to appear in season 1 once, Fan and Cheesy are also II 2 competitors but appeared in a season more than once.
- Microphone is the first female contestant to appear in a season that they didn't compete in.
- In season 2 her design changed from the way she looked in the season one finale.
- She can hear louder by turning a knob on herself (her gain) as seen in "Everything's A-OJ".
- She does it more often to communicate with Taco
- Microphone is the third tallest contestant on Inanimate Insanity.
- Microphone is the only contestant still in the game that's voiced by a female.
- The voice actor for Microphone, Hailey Chapman, and the voice actor for Soap, Kacie Chapman, are sisters.
|The Grand Slams|
| Inanimate Insanity Characters