Country Of The Series:
The United States Of America
April 1, 2011
December 7, 2012
Inanimate Insanity is an American animated competition web series on YouTube. The show is about 16 anthropomorphic objects that compete for 1 million dollars. It premiered on April 1, 2011, however, due to hacking situations, Episodes 1 to 5.5 appear with September 14 as their release date, though this is incorrect.
The series came to a hault on June 1, 2012 for a summer hiatus, but returned on September 1, 2012. The final episode was released on December 8, 2012. A second season of the series aired on April 2, 2013, featuring eight original returning contestants and twelve new contestants.
In every episode, there is a competition in which the contestants will have to compete in with their teams. The losing team will face the consequences and have to eliminate a teammate. The team that wins will either win a prize, be safe from elimination or nothing at all, but never anything negative.
There are eighteen episodes in season one of Inanimate Insanity.
- The Crappy Cliff April 1, 2011*
- A Lemony Lesson May 1, 2011*
- The Arena of Death June 1, 2011*
- One-Shot Wonder July 1, 2011*
- The Stacker August 1, 2011*
5.5. A New Stage In The Game September 1, 2011*
- War de Guacamole October 1, 2011
- Sugar Rush October 31, 2011
- 4Seeing the Future December 1, 2011
- The Snowdown January 1, 2012
- Double Digit Desert February 1, 2012
- Aquatic Conflict March 1, 2012
- Crappy Anniversary April 1, 2012
- Inanimate Smackdown May 1, 2012
- The Great Escape June 1, 2012
- The Tile Divide September 1, 2012
- The Penultimate Poll October 1, 2012
- Journey Through Memory Lane (Part 1) November 1, 2012
- Journey Through Memory Lane (Part 2) December 7, 2012
* = Was reuploaded on September 14, 2011, due to Nate Groth deleting the original episodes.
Rejected characters for Season 2
- Chip - actually a French Fry, but called "Chip" like in England. Had an English accent, but hated being called French Fry. basically a cheap knockoff of Needle.
- Hot Sauce - spoke only Spanish, kind of like Baguette from BOTO.
- Game Boy Color - an old-timer that didn't really have a clue where he was.
- Pearl - stuck-up and full herself, wanted to be treated royaly.
- Hay Bale - Western and proud, slightly dim-witted, however.
- Frank - actually a Hot Dog, his name is short for "Frankfurter", and acted as the "cool guy".
- Goggles - the beta version of Test Tube. Full of "sciency" stuff.
- Textbook - a BIG nerd. Snorted and said many things that no one cares about.
The original Season 2 first challenge was written out to be a pie-eating contest, Lightbulb and Hay Bale would've won.
It is unknown where in the world Inanimate Insanity is supposed to take place, although it has been stated that it does take place within a set on an isolated island with no houses and not many other non-contestants around, as stated by MePhone4 in Sugar Rush.
The team that loses the challenge originally had to eliminate a player (usually the one who caused them to lose), but now the viewers normally vote on this. This player is never to be seen again except either when a process of rejoining or a scene from Idiotic Island.
Returns in Double Digit Desert
|Baseball||Epic||2nd Eliminated in The Arena of Death||16th Place|
Returns in War De Guacamole
4th Eliminated in War De Guacamole
|Balloon||Chickenleg||6th Eliminated in Sugar Rush||13th Place|
|Pepper||Chickenleg||7th Eliminated in 4Seeing The Future||12th Place|
|Lightbulb||Epic||8th Eliminated in The Snowdown||11th Place|
|Salt||Chickenleg||9th Eliminated in Aquatic Conflict||10th Place|
|Paintbrush||Epic||10th Eliminated in Aquatic Conflict||9th Place|
|Bomb||Chickenleg||11th Eliminated in Crappy Anniversary||8th Place||Merged|
|Marshmallow||Epic||12th Eliminated in Inanimate Smackdown||7th Place|
|Apple||Epic||13th Eliminated in The Great Escape||6th Place|
|Bow||Chickenleg||14th Eliminated in The Tile Divide||5th Place|
|Pickle||Chickenleg||15th Eliminated in The Penultimate Poll||4th Place|
|Paper||Epic/Chickenleg||16th Eliminated in The Penultimate Poll||3rd Place|
|Taco||Chickenleg||Runner Up in Journey Through Memory Lane (Part 2)||2nd Place|
Winner in Journey Through Memory Lane (Part 2)
During the elimination on "The Stacker", many voters misspelled Nickel's name as "Nickle", the votes were not counted, causing Lightbulb to be eliminated. After many fans raged on Lightbulb's elimination, resulted in the votes for "Nickel" being re-counted, eliminating Nickel, and bringing back Lightbulb, this also started the character Nick-Le, whose only quote is, "I'm highly offended!!"
- Pepper was originally going to die in the finale of Season 1. This idea was dropped.
- Balloon and Cheesy weren't originally going to be in Season 2. Balloon was decided to develop a new personality and Cheesy was decided to be "The Jokester"
- Bow was originally yellow.
- The beta version of Microphone had a darker color to her body. Compared to her new design.
- You can see the beta design in Journey Through Memory Lane (Part 2).
- Trophy's old design had a brighter yellow and text that said "1st". The body can be found in the I.I. Assets files released in August 2012.
- Inanimate Insanity was the second object show on YouTube; the first was Battle for Dream Island (BFDI).
- Inanimate Insanity was the second object show to get a second season, the first was Battle for Dream Island, with BFDIA's 37 month hiatus, returning on September 1, 2016 with dnalsI maerD rof elttaB (better known as IDFB).
- Soap was orginally a bar of soap. Her body was switched to a bottle, due to her bar design being odd looking and misleading.
- Balloon was originally going to be changed to a girl, this was dropped.
- The winner of Season 1 Episode 6 Paintgun challenge was switched around several times. It was between Teddy Bear, Dictionary, Spikey Mervert, and Apple. It was moving towards Teddy Bear, but then changed to Apple.
- OJ was originally going to be the silent type. He gained a voice in Season 1 Episode 2, and the silent type was dropped.
- Tissue is actually based off someone Adam and Taylor knew, for the safety of their identity, they will not reveal their name.
- Bow's voice is based off Paris Hilton in the Shane Dawson series.
- Toilet's voice is based off of one of MaxMoeFoe's voices.
- Lightbulb was a boy at the start of the series. She was changed to a girl in Season 1 Episode 3 to aid in the inbalance of genders. This is also why MePhone4 called her a boy by accident.
- Season 1 Episode 7 was originally called "A Sugar Nightmare". Adam decided to change it to "Sugar Rush", as it seemed to have a more appropriate fit.
- In real life, the black side of Yin Yang is nice, while the white side is evil.
- Suitcase's design was helped out by Michael Huang.
- Inanimate Insanity was the first object show to be animated with Anime Studio for most of the first season, rather than Adobe Flash, though The Snowdown was originally animated in Flash, but Adam Katz didn't know how to export video in the software at the time.