Unlike all of the other competitors on Inanimate Insanity, Box is quite literally just an ordinary inanimate box with absolutely no personality whatsoever. One can argue that the azoic simpleness is what makes Box's character. Box cannot speak, nor move, nor hear, nor interact with any other competitors.
Despite the fact that Box is nothing more than an insentient cardboard box, many contestants treat it fairly like an actual living being. In fact, players like Suitcase and Soap have commonly referred to Box as male, giving him a defining trait of gender.
Additionally, due to not talking at all, Box has been remarked as having "an attitude" by Soap, after not retrieving any sugar in "Cooking For The Grater Good", and by MePhone4 in "A Kick in the Right Direction".
Box has a simple appearance that accompanies his rather plain and nonexistent personality. He is an ordinary rectangular cardboard box with four sides. A bump-like design runs along Box's sides and splits them into a lighter half above and darker half below. His top can be opened by two small flaps.
Official Site Bio
Box is a box.
Despite Box's elimination in "A Kick In The Right Direction", Box has appeared multiple times throughout the series in the form of background cameos:
In "Let 'Er R.I.P.", Box appears under one of the tables.
In "Theft and Battery", Box appears three times, once behind a counter as Lightbulb mentions knowing "a guy", once inside a glass showcase as Steve Cobs yells at Soap, and finally on a computer screen as Microphone talks to Steve Cobs.
- On the official site, Box's biography is intentionally vague, hinting Box's simplicity and mysteriousness.
- Box is the only limbless and faceless character to compete on Inanimate Insanity.
- Box first appeared in the "Roger That" trailer at the end, in the picture with Paintbrush, Yin-Yang, and Baseball, being stood on by Yin-Yang, becoming the Fourth person revealed in Inanimate Insanity II.
- In AnimationEpic's video "Inanimate Battle 2", Taco was in Box, as a joke. It also refers to the fact about what was inside Box, and when Apple opened it, she thought it said Taco, but it turned out to be a mistake since Knife corrected her with it saying Box.
- In the credits of Breaking The Ice, it says that Box is voiced from Derek Napolitano, because of the secret line it made in that episode.
- As stated in the description of "The Best of Box", Box was originally never supposed to be a contestant, but he became one when Derek and Adam were laughing at the idea of just making a cardboard box a character. Soon Taylor, Brian, and everyone started to love the idea and think it was hilarious, causing him to become an official contestant.
|The Grand Slams|
| Inanimate Insanity Characters