Oh come on!
Balloon, labeled The Forgivable is a male contestant on Inanimate Insanity, and was the team captain for Team Chickenleg. He returned to compete in Inanimate Insanity II as a member of The Grand Slams.
In the first season, Balloon is regarded as the most manipulative and spiteful character, as well as the most hated of the objects. Balloon was extremely unkind and vituperative to members of Team Chickenleg, even as the team captain. Balloon rendered others useless, and made extremely opprobrious and rude remarks about them to the point that he could make outbursts of profanity.
Inanimate Insanity II
Balloon makes a return to Inanimate Insanity II with a completely different outlook.
Balloon is also very charitable and eleemosynary, making an attempt to save Box from sinking after being knocked into the pool by Toilet in "Tri Your Best". Despite showing his true nature of goodness, Balloon still finds it hard to make friends after his behavior to other people in the previous season.
Official Site Bio
Balloon back in Season 1 was known to be very bossy. He enjoyed manipulating other players into doing what he says, mostly because he believed that he was the most important player on Team Chickenleg since he was the team captain. This caused many of the contestants on the show to have a major dislike for Balloon. Now in Season 2, Balloon strives to redeem himself and doesn't want to be known for his bad ways in the past. He hopes to gain the trust of his team members and start a new.
|—Inanimate Insanity Site, 2013|
In mid-September of 2011, Balloon's voice actor, Nate Groth, hacked into AnimationEpic's channel and deleted the current episodes at the time, which were the original 1 through 5.5 (along with various other II-related videos - The Taco Show, Nickel's Tips On Conserving Water, etc.). Due to this, the voice actor has been fired and his lines are re-used frequently. Fans and contestants show major dislikes towards Balloon for this. Adam, the creator of the show, confirmed that Balloon's elimination was mostly because of the hacking. However, according to the credits from Breaking The Ice, the original voice actor was rehired, which explains his new lines.
- Nate Groth (US/UK/AU/CAN) (Season 1 until Episode 5)
- Ben Cross (US/UK/AU/CAN) (Let 'Er R.I.P. - present)
- Marco Bonomo (Italy)
- Running Gag: Balloon has been popped in Episodes 3, 4, 7, 9, 10, 16, 19, 22, 24 and 26. In this case, he is similar to Bubble from Battle for Dream Island.
- Running Gag: Balloon is known for his catchprase "Oh, come on!" which he says in almost every episode he competes in.
- Balloon has the highest voice of all characters.
- This is probably because he has helium inside of him.
- He's also one of the two male characters to have a high-pitched voice, the other is Cherries.
- Balloon is one of the characters with the most enemies of all characters in Season 1, making him one of the most hated characters.
- Bow makes a reference to Balloon in Crappy Anniversary, by saying his catchphrase.
- Balloon was originally going to be a girl, but this was declined due to creative differences between Adam and Nate. This was also seen in The Inanimate Insanity Secrets video on YouTube by Taylor Grodin.
- Originally, Balloon was not going to be in Season 2, but he was added in to develop a new personality.
- Balloon is the only S1 contestant who was on Team Chickenleg to compete on S2.
- Coincidentally, he was the team captain of Team Chickenleg.
- Balloon got only 10 votes in season 1. Although if rejoin votes don't count, Balloon would have no votes in season 1, making him similar to Pencil from BFDI.
- Balloon got his first ever elimination viewer vote in Tri Your Best, along with 162 other votes in the same episode.
- Balloon's voice slightly changes in Let 'Er R.I.P. and Theft and Battery.
- Balloon owns a standard wristwatch, shown in Theft and Battery.
- Balloon is the only member of OJ's alliance to be in season 2.
- Balloon was not seen in the last scene of Journey Through Memory Lane.
- Balloon holds the record of the most deaths at 9 deaths.
- Balloon is the only character to have a major personality change.
- Balloon is one of the two contestants who swore, the other is Pickle, if not counting one of the trees who appeared in A Lemony Lesson.
- Both of Balloon's eliminations were contestant votes.
- Balloon is the highest-ranking male returnee in Season 1.
- Unless Paintbrush is a male.
- Balloon was still running in the same contests as Nickel in Season 1, same thing in Season 2.
- Balloon is one of the two contestants who was eliminated through contestants elimination the two times they got eliminated, the other being Paper.
- Balloon was planned to receive 3rd place, with a final 3 of Balloon, Salt and Knife. Due to complications at the time with his previous voice actor, Balloon was voted out via a contestant vote early into season 1.
| Inanimate Insanity Characters